NetCDF is a set of software libraries and self-describing, machine-independent data formats that support the creation, access, and sharing of array-oriented scientific data.
We provide NetCDF library on the K computer.
Currently, We provide the following version of the netcdf and related software:
the netcdf is installed under /opt/aics/netcdf.
The subdirectory of the netcdf is following:
In this table, Target means the program that compile using the library under the directory works.
The parallel meens NetCDF works on MPI environment. the parallel environment can use parallel netCDF and parallel HDF5
Szip meens HDF5 is compiled with Szip. If you want to use commercial use, please use non-Szip version of NetCDF.
Each subdirectory contains the following sub directories:
|lib-static||The libraries without shared library (for compute host only)|
|share||manual pages and other documents|
If you want to execute commands or read man page of the netcdf or related software, please execute as follows:/bin/sh or bash
$ . /opt/aics/netcdf/subdir/env.sh
csh or tcsh
% source /opr/aics/netcdf/subdir/env. csh
The subdir is replaced sub directory descibed Directory section.
- If you want to use netcdf related command into the batch script, please insert above line in the scripts.
- If you want to compile your program with netcdf, please specify as follows:
- Please specify header file to /opt/aics/netcdf/subdir/include
- Please specify library directory to /opt/aics/netcdf/subdir/lib-static
- If you want to use on front end or you want to use shared library, please specify /opt/aics/\netcdf/subdir/lib
- If you use netcdf, please use as library to -lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lsz -lz -lm
- If you don't use Szip please remove -lsz
- If you want to use C++ interface, please add -lnetcdf_c++4 at first of the library.
- If you want to use Fortran interface, please add -lnetcdff at the first of the library.
- If you want to use parallel netCDF, please use as library to -lpnetcdf
- Parallel netcdf requires MPI, we don't provide parallel netcdf for frontend.
For example you want to NetCDF program foo.c with szip work on compute hosts, please execute as follows:mpifccpx -I/opt/aics/netcdf/k/include foo.c -o foo -L/opt/aics/netcdf/k/lib-static -lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lsz -lz -lm
And If you want to compile foo,f90 without szip:mpifrtpx -I/opt/aics/netcdf/k-noszip/include foo.f90 -o foo -L/opt/aics/netcdf/k-noszip/lib-static -lnetcdff -lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz -lm